Wednesday, August 3, 2016

IWSG Post… :(



Hi guys. Sorry I'm late posting today, but I've definitely been feeling a bit sorry for myself. It's really stupid and silly, but I've been very insecure.

First and foremost, I finally took my driving test today to get my license aaaaand…I failed.

Literally, I failed both parts of it.

I know it has nothing to do with writing at all, but I've been pretty upset about it since I took the test. Luckily, Ohio law says that I can take it again one week from today, which I'll be doing. So yes.

Anyway, it isn't just the driving stuff that's been making me feel insecure.

My wonderful, amazing editor, Nicole Zoltack is looking at The Inferiors right now. I've already started the publishing process on CreateSpace and they're in the process of creating my book cover, and that's freaking me out just a little bit too.

They created my cover for From the Ashes which turned out really great…



But I've just been incredibly anxious because I'm supposed to get it any day now. I've found myself refreshing my email over and over again like a crazy-clingy obsessive girlfriend (I sort of am though, ask my boyfriend haha).

So yes.

I want the cover to look really good but also have similar features to From the Ashes so that it ties in to the series. And I'm also nervous about getting my final draft done, once my editor sends my manuscript back to me. Oh lordy.

Anyway, that's what I'm insecure about this month.

How about you guys?

Visit other IWSG posts here. Thank you Alex Cavanaugh for hosting this!

–Jess

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about failing the test. Good luck next week.
I bet the next cover is just as great. Let us know when it's live and ready!

Leandra Wallace said...

That's a really pretty cover. I'm always partial to anything sparkly or swirly. =) Sorry about the test, and yes, good luck next week! You can do it!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Wishing you all the best on trying again with your drivers test. Finishing your novel and publishing it is a tough process. You'll get through it Jess. Just fasten your seat belt. You did it once, now it's time for round two.

Liz A. said...

Good luck on your driving retest. I was so nervous when I did mine. Of course, that was a lot of years ago.

Unknown said...

Labor Day Images
Labor Day Images 2019
Labor Day Pics
Labor Day Pics 2019
Labor Day Clipart
Labor Day 2019 Images
Labor Day Images
Labor Day Images
Labor Day Images 2019

play bazaar said...


Keep in mind that money is the motivating factor for most companies are only about making income.playbazaarAs you get yourself ready to go in for interviews, and even as you finish up your resume, satta kingfigure out how you can word things to show how your talents could lead to additional revenue for your potential employers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...